Monday, March 2, 2015

Every Reason to be Thankful for children :)

"Lo, children are an heritage to The Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." 
- Psalms 127:3

Yes, this blog is meant for family history; this post has to do with family history for sure! How can you have history if there were no people and how can you {multiply and replenish the Earth} with no posterity? Recently I read this post on "20 reasons to be thankful if you don't have children." I have to admit, I was offended... I have an 8 month old daughter. How could I ever NOT be thankful for her? Oh my gosh she is such a blessing!

'Recently I saw this post on "20 reasons to be thankful, IF YOU DONT have children."'
be thankful "IF YOU DONT" have children.

Now my post isn't an attack on that post or the person who wrote it or anyone who used it. I read it, and it's downright hilarious.

BUT it is a problem in society nowadays to think we don't need or have some duty to our future posterity... 

I'm not necessarily responding to the post... I'm responding to the feeling I've had for awhile. The feeling I mentioned above. That people are becoming so selfish, that those who are blessed with the gift to be able to bear children, are choosing not to.

When I married my husband, I wanted to wait to have kids. Until one day, while reading, I had inspiration that we should have kids now. My only reason not to at that point was my own selfishness, so we decided to have a baby!


Elizabeth Marie Bean was born on June 24, 2014. She was and still is a HUGE blessing! She is Pretty even tempered, yes. But we took the responsibility of raising a HUMAN. When she cries, she needs something and can't express it any other way. When your kid gets into the paint, and "paints the town" (or house)... You left the paint out. When there's poop everywhere, there's just poop everywhere.


The joys of parenthood far outweigh the sad or stressful times. When he or she first smiles... Laughs... Recognizes you!... Says "mama", "dada", "baba"... Planks.. Rolls... Scoots... Crawls... Stands... Pulls up... And eventually walks and talks! And so many more joys. You'll have a little mini-me running around! And if the thought of that scares you, maybe you oughta be a better future parent rather than asking for a better future child.


-SB


No comments:

Post a Comment